Thursday, May 17, 2012

Knights of Blood for Team Tournament



So this weekend I will be attending an Adepticon style team tournament at Gamers Sanctuary in Flint, MI. For this event my team will be using a combination of Knights of Blood (Blood Angels) and Grey Knights. I'll be providing the models for both Knigths of Blood lists while the Grey Knight players will be providing their own models. Pictured above is the combined might of the Knights of Blood.

The list I will be using is
Rechlusiarch
7 man Death Company with 2x power fists, 2x power weapons, 1x infernus pistol and 3x bolters in a Land Raider with Multi-melta and extra armor
2x 5 man Assault squads with a melta gun in Razorbacks with Dozer blades and Twin-linked Lascannons.

The other list has:
Librarian in Terminator Armor with Storm Shield and Unleash Rage and Shield of Sanguinius
Sanguinary Priest
Terminator assault squad with 3x Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields and 2x Twin Lightning Claws in a Land Raider Crusader with Multi-melta and extra armor
1x 5 man assault squad with a flamer in a Razorback with Twin-linked Lascannons
1x 5 man assault squad in a Razorback with Twin-linked Lascannons.

I've been very busy trying to get all of this together and painted in time for the tournament. A great deal of it I already had done, of course, but I there was a decent list of models that I didn't have ready.

Almost all of the assault squads needed some work, ranging from a few finishing touches on some of them all the way to needing to be assembled for others. I also needed to paint up the turret for one of their Razorbacks.
I also needed to paint up the Librarian and the Sanguinary Priest.
Finally I had to convert the sponsons on the Land Raider from Flamestorm Cannons to the Hurricane Bolters and paint the whole thing up. It's been a busy time of painting, but I got it all done just in time. (I am going to see Megadeth and Rob Zombie tomorrow so I wouldn't have been able to paint then if it had been necessary)

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this event as I am a big fan of team games. It's also gonna be the final game for the Knights of Blood for the Duration of 5th edition. After that until the release of 6th (at least) I'll be bringing the Eldar back out onto the tables. As I've said before I miss playing them and it's time to do something about it!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I won't censor peoples posts, but this was just some spam with links to an online store, and had nothing at all to do with the topic or 40k in general. That kind of shit I will delete.

      Delete
  2. looking great! good luck on the tournament, that skull freehand on the death company landraider looks stunning :)!

    p.s. glad to see you going back to eldar, bring on the reports :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ! I'm really looking foward to getting back to the Eldar and I'm hoping to get some more video batreps done again soon. Also I plan on trying to do some mobile updates at the tournament tomorrow, but historically I've been pretty bad at that so we'll see. ;)

      Delete
    2. hey eric good luck at the tournament today then, looking forward to the live action blogging :P.

      In the last days of 5th I'm also going back to my eldar and working an a jetbike heavy list for what's probably going to be the last 5th edition tournament. Still a lot of work to bed done.

      gl and looking forward to some cool content

      Delete
  3. Hey man...

    "For this event my team will be using a combination of Knights of Blood (Blood Angels) and Knights of Blood."

    If I am correct, I believe that second Knights of Blood should be Grey Knights. Also, it took me about a minute of puzzled staring at it before I moved on and realized what had happened.

    Dozer blads on the Razorbacks made me burst out laughing, because I purposely mispronounce "blades" that way. Also, sorry about picking on your typos (Pobody's nerfect, as it were.)

    That sucks that you got a spammer (was it your first?) I, luckily, have yet to attract one, but I know it'll only be a matter of time.

    Furthermore, Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking at the army lists it's both blood angels mate, never heard of a GK libby having unleash rage. Or a death company unit in the GK codex ;).

      Delete
    2. No Tim's right. It's a four man team format where two of us are running Knights of Blood and the other two are running Grey Knights. I don't know all the details of the Grey Knights list so that's why I didn't post them.

      Gotta fix that, Thanks Tim.

      Delete