Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Death Company



So I was originally thinking about using the escalation league as motivation to build up and paint my Dark Eldar army. Instead, it seems I am having more fun running (and painting) my Death Company. It is actually an army I have wanted to do for some time now and have decided to use the league as the motivation to finally getting around to it. With that in mind I came up with this list.



1500 Pts - Blood Angels Roster - 1500 Death Company
Total Roster Cost: 1500

HQ: Astorath the Grim  220 pts

Elite: Chaplain in Power Armour  100 pts

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship  200 pts
Twin-linked Multi-melta
Twin-linked Plasma Cannon

Troops: Death Company  235 pts
1 Death Company, Bolter + Power Fist
3 Death Company, Bolters & Chainswords
1 Death Company, Bolt Pistol + Power Weapon
3 Death Company, Bolt Pistols + Chainswords
1 Drop Pod,

Troops: Death Company  200 pts

3 Death Company, Bolt Pistols + Chainswords
1 Death Company, Bolter + Power Fist
3 Death Company, Bolters + Chainsword
1 Death Company, Bolt Pistol + Power Weapon

Troops: Death Company Dreadnought  175 pts
1 Death Company Dreadnought, + Magna-grapple
1 Drop Pod

Troops: Death Company Dreadnought 175 pts
1 Death Company Dreadnought,  + Magna-grapple
1 Drop Pod

Elite: Chaplain in Power Armour 100 pts

Troops: Scout Squad  95 pts
4 Scout, Sniper Rifles + Camo Cloaks
1 Sergeant, Sniper Rifle + Camo Cloak + Melta Bombs

So Astorath would go with the squad without the pod in the Storm Raven. The Chaplain would go in the pod with the other one. One Dreadnought will always pod in, but the other one can be deployed either in the pod or the SR. Now obviously this list isn't too concerned with scoring options, but I did decide to include a small unit of Sniper Scouts as a deck chair unit just in case ;)

So there it is. In future posts I will break down how I will scale the army for each point level of the league, but overall this is my goal by the end of the league.

The question then will be, should I flesh it out enough to run in the 40k championships at Adepticon?

No comments:

Post a Comment